Texas Institute of Occupational Safety and Health :: Texas Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
The Texas Institute of Occupational Safety and Health® (TIOSH®) is the occupational and environmental medicine program of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler. TIOSH® was created to offer a total program concept to assist companies and their employees in meeting the goal of a safer and healthier workplace and by design maintains the Health Center’s three pronged mission to provide patient care and to conduct education and research.
TIOSH® not only emphasizes occupational medicine from the diagnostic and therapeutic standpoints, but also promotes occupational health from the classic safety as well as preventive approaches. TIOSH® plays a critical consultative role in policy development for industry and fulfills a variety of educational and training needs.
The Occupational Health Clinic is a member of the Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC). AOEC is a national network of clinical facilities dedicated to research and education as well as the prevention and treatment of occupational/environmental diseases.
See our website: TIOSH® Occupational Health Clinic
- Preplacement and Return-To-Work Exams Suitably Tailored to the Situation
- Department of Transportation Examinations
- Periodic Health Assessments
- Targeted Medical Surveillance Programs: (Ex: Asbestos, Benzene, Lead, and Hazardous Waste Surveillance)
- Respirator Clearance Evaluations
- Spirometric Surveillance Programs
- Certified B-Reading Capability
- Pure Tone Audiometry (meeting OSHA Standards)
- Titmus Vision Testing
- Evidentiary Breath Alcohol Testing
- Urine Drug Screening
- State of the Art Physical Therapy with pre-work screens
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Work-Related Illness and Minor Injury
- Plant Walk-Throughs
- Physician Consultation (Ex: Assistance with Regulatory Requirements, Workers’ Compensation Case Review,Work-Relatedness of Disease)
- Health Promotion Activities
- Hearing Conservation Education
- Health Risk Assessment
- Vaccination Programs